Saturday, May 21, 2016

Boho Powder Room Inspiration

We've been working steadily on quite a few projects over the past few weeks. One project is VERY exciting to me personally, because it is for one of my college roommates and close friends. Even more exciting is that in exchange for my help, she is flying me up for a weekend in June to put some of her rooms that I designed together with her!!

It has been a blast coming up with new ideas, and helping her figure out her style. Once she started to see patterns in her own likes, she was on fire and loving the process! We've been scouring Craigslist and other sources, and found her a fantastic tufted couch that  I can't wait to show you once we're done with it!

But until that trip, we've been working feverishly to come up with plans for each of her rooms. While I've created layouts with 3D decor for her main rooms, for her little powder bath I just put together a mood board. It's still a work in progress, depending on what she ends up liking about it, but I thought it would be fun to share. Her style is a very cool mix of boho and midcentury modern. She loves light colors, plants, and punches of minimalist color and pattern. It is a SUPER fun style to design in.

We've also been working with another local friend on her laundry/craft room, and now that she has approved the layouts, we are working with her on sourcing Craigslist items too.

I'm still in awe and so happy to be doing what I love. It touches me to no end how supportive people that have known me for years have been. Thank you. Truly. (and below are just some quotes I've had on my mind the last few weeks as I've taken this leap.) Exposing your dreams and going after them can cause some folks to feel jealous/think you're acting too big for your britches. But, I've been so lucky to have friends that do the very opposite. I'm so grateful that the amazing women in my life have lifted and empowered me on this journey! If you have a dream, go for it!! I'll be there cheering you on too. xoxo




Boho Inspired Powder Room


No comments:

Post a Comment